Why Choose The Keating and What’s Close by our Downtown San Diego Hotel
Our Downtown San Diego Hotel is your personal downtown chill zone.
The Keating is Downtown San Diego’s premier Boutique Hotel, located close to all the things that make San Diego “America’s Finest City.” Whether you want to plug into the action of the city or chill out for a weekend, The Keating has you covered. This is the place to come when you want personalized service from a staff who will greet you by name and ask how you enjoyed dinner at last night’s recommended restaurant.
Top Reasons to Choose The Keating Hotel:
- Accommodations: Spacious Lofts & Suites with an incredibly unique design and views from our Gaslamp City View Lofts, to the enhanced amenities and over-sized proportions of Chic Lofts and Imperiale Suites to the elegance and luxury of our Macallan Suite.
- Service: Next-level service from every member of our team.
- Intangibles: We know what it is like to be a hotel guest and the entire Keating team is committed to making your stay memorable. We are pretty sure we already have you covered with your needs, but if there is something out-of-the-ordinary you are looking for, reach out and we will make it happen.
- Location: Our San Diego Hotel is at the center of the Gaslamp Quarter, the heart of the energetic Downtown San Diego and close to many of the things that make San Diego, ‘America’s Most Beautiful City’, including; Seaport Village, San Diego Convention Center, Beautiful Beaches, San Diego Marina, amazing nightlife, restaurants and bars.
- Parking: Don't lose precious minutes looking for parking. We offer convenient curb-front valet parking.
- Meeting Space: From an intimate meeting space for a break-out session or quiet brainstorm session to a larger, bespoke classroom-style venue, our spaces are dynamic, versatile and equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visuals equipment that matches the high design of our guestrooms.
- One-of-a-kind design: Pininfarina, the Italian design-house that brought the world Maserati and Ferrari, combined their stylistic aesthetic with the historic bones of the Keating building, bringing together the world's only Pininfarina-designed hotel.
- Independent Hotel: With the stability of a limited partnership and an established management firm, yet without the stuffiness of a corporate chain, the Keating's personalization and dynamic service was not developed in a board room.
- Don’t just take our word for it:
“The Keating Hotel in San Diego is indeed – as its promoters claim – unique. The 35-room property, housed in an 1890 Romanesque Revival building in the city’s Gaslamp Quarter, is the first hotel conceived by Pininfarina…Pininfarina designed everything in the hotel. Everything. Every little thing. The spoons, the coffee machines, everything. This is the Pininfarina interpretation of San Diego.” - Robb Report
“The 33 Best New Hotels for Business.” - Fortune
“The Keating Hotel was designed by Pininfarina, the Italian team behind Ferrari and Maserati. You’ll find a few more brand names inside the 35 guest rooms: Bang & Olufsen stereos, Dornbracht bath fixtures and LaVazza espresso machines.” - Travel + Leisure
What’s Close By - San Diego’s most popular attractions are not far from The Keating Hotel:
- Horton Plaza: 1 block
- San Diego Convention Center: 5 blocks
- Seaport Village: 5 blocks
- Petco Park: .6 miles
- SeaWorld: 7.7 miles
- Balboa Park: 2.6 miles
- San Diego Zoo: 2.6 miles
- La Jolla Village: 17 miles
- Coronado Island: 5 miles
- Belmont Park: 8.3 miles
- USS Midway: 1.2 miles
- San Diego Marina: .7 miles
- San Diego International Airport: 4 miles
- Old Town San Diego: 6 miles
Welcome to the last of the independents - The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina. Designed by the team behind Maserati and Ferrari, a healthy dose of Italian panache reimagines this 130-year-old landmark in the heart of Downtown San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter.
With just 35 Lofts & Suites, The Keating Hotel offers an intimate, personalized experience you won’t find anywhere else in downtown San Diego.
See our latest Special Offers when you're ready to book your next stay in beautiful San Diego.
Visit our San Diego Visitors Blog for fun and informative articles about visiting San Diego.